The short answer is that you cannot delete your Gmail account. But don’t get too upset, because there are plenty of reasons why you might want to keep your Gmail account. For instance, deleting a Gmail account might sound like a good idea if you’re concerned about privacy or want to stop receiving the constant barrage of ads in your inbox.
However, it’s not as simple as just clicking “delete account.” All of your emails, along with all the other data stored in your account, will remain in Google’s servers forever. That’s why most people don’t delete their Gmail accounts.
Instead, they simply create a new one with a different email address. This way, they don’t lose any information and can still use their old account for whatever reason they may need it for.
Permanently Delete A Gmail Account In Mac Or Pc
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Click the Settings icon in the top right corner of the window.
- Select “Delete Account” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Delete” to confirm your decision.
This process may take a few minutes to complete, so be patient and wait for it to finish before closing the window.5
How To Delete Gmail Account Permanently
When you delete your Gmail account temporarily, you simply deactivate it. This keeps your account in “read-only” mode, so you can view your emails and take action as necessary. It’s also a good way to take a break from using Gmail if you don’t want to completely leave the service.
When you deactivate your account, you can reactivate it at any time. Here’s how:
You can deactivate a Gmail account by clicking “Sign out” on the Gmail landing page. Then, sign back in with your username and password.
To complete the process, click the “Sign out” button again. If you have other devices signed into your Gmail account, you’ll need to sign out of each one individually.
If you have other devices signed into your Gmail account, you’ll need to sign out of each one individually.
If you have more than one account on your device, you may need to do this for all of them.
- How Do I Delete Thousands Of Emails In Gmail?
- How Do I Automatically Delete Old Emails In Gmail?
- How Do I Delete My Gmail Account?
- How Do You Delete Someone From Your Gmail Account?
- How Do I Delete All My Verizon Emails At Once?
- How Do I Delete One Of My Gmail Email Addresses?
- Can I Delete The Mail App On My Ipad?
- How Do I Remove A Sync From Gmail?
- How Do I Recover Permanently Deleted Gmail Account?
- How Do I Delete A Gmail Account From My Iphone 8?