Microsoft accounts are used to sign in to many Microsoft products and services, including Outlook.com, OneDrive, Xbox Live, and more. If you’re no longer using a Microsoft account and would like to close it, follow the steps below.
Before you close your account, we recommend that you:
– Download any files or documents that you want to keep (for example, photos stored in OneDrive)
– Cancel any subscriptions that you have with Microsoft (for example, Xbox Live Gold)
– Remove any payment methods associated with your account (for example, a credit card)
– close any Microsoft Points balances associated with your account
When you’re ready to close your account:
– Sign in to the Close your account page with the Microsoft account you want to close.
– Under “Pick a reason,” select the option that best describes why you’re closing your account.
If you have multipleMicrosoft accounts, repeat these steps for each account that you want to close.
After you close an account, we won’t be able to reopen it for you. For more information about what happens when you close a Microsoft account, see theMicrosoft Privacy Statement.
How To Close Your Microsoft Account | Microsoft
- Go to the Close your account page. You may be asked to sign in again.
- If you have any outstanding balances, please pay them off before you close your account.
- Once you’ve paid any outstanding balances, select the reason you’re closing your account from the drop-down menu.
- Follow the instructions on the next page to confirm that you want to close your account.
Once you’ve closed your account, you won’t be able to sign in or access any of your data. So if you ever want to use Microsoft products or services again, you’ll need to create a new account.
How To Delete Your Microsoft Account Permanently | Easy Method 2020
It’s easy to delete your Microsoft account if you’re no longer using it. Just follow the steps below and your account will be gone in no time.
First, go to the Microsoft account deletion page.
Enter your email address and password, then click Next. You’ll be asked to provide a reason for why you’re deleting your account. Choose an option from the list, then click Next.
Finally, click the Delete Account button.
Once you’ve followed all the steps, your Microsoft account will be permanently deleted. Keep in mind that this cannot be undone, so make sure you really want to delete your account before proceeding.
How Do I Permanently Delete My Microsoft Account?
If you’re considering deleting your Microsoft account, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, deleting your account is a permanent action—you will not be able to reactivate it or retrieve any of your data. Second, you will need to have access to the email address associated with your account in order to delete it.
And finally, if you’re using any Microsoft services (such as Outlook, OneDrive, or Office 365), you’ll need to cancel those subscriptions before you can delete your account.
If you’re sure you want to proceed, the first step is to visit the Microsoft account deletion page. From there, you’ll be asked to sign in with the account you want to delete.
Once you’ve done so, you’ll see a confirmation page that outlines what will happen when you delete your account. If everything looks good, click the “Delete Account” button and enter your password one final time. Your account will then be deleted within 60 days.
During that time, you can still sign in and cancel your deletion if you’ve changed your mind. After 60 days have passed, however, your account and all associated data will be gone for good.
How Do You Delete A Microsoft Account On Your Phone?
Although Microsoft accounts are designed to be permanent, there are occasions when you may need to delete one. For example, you may have created an account for a now defunct service, or you may simply want to start fresh with a new account. Whatever the reason, deleting a Microsoft account is relatively straightforward.
First, open the Settings app and scroll down to the Accounts section. Next, select the Microsoft account that you want to delete and then tap the “Remove” button. Finally, confirm that you want to delete the account by tapping “Yes.
” Once the process is complete, your Microsoft account will be removed from your phone.
- Can You Delete Your Microsoft Account?
- How Do You Delete A Microsoft Account On Ps4?
- How Can I Change My Microsoft Account In Lumia 535?
- How Do I Unlink Skype From Microsoft Account?
- How Do I Remove My Microsoft Account From My Computer?
- How Do You Delete An Account On Minecraft Pe?
- How Do I Remove Outlook Account From Windows 7?
- How Do I Delete A Microsoft Account On Windows 8 Without A Password?
- How Do I Close Outlook?
- How Do I Cancel A Microsoft Account?