Nintendo accounts are tied to individual hardware systems such as the Nintendo Switch, Nintendo DS, and Wii. When you delete a Nintendo account, any save data stored on that system will be deleted as well.
This applies to all purchases made with the account, including digital games, DLC, and downloadable content.
Deleting your Nintendo account can also impact your ability to play online multiplayer games.
A Nintendo account is essentially an online identity that ties together your Nintendo hardware purchases and digital purchases as well. It’s a great way to keep track of everything you have purchased from Nintendo.
If you ever decide to return to the world of Nintendo, simply reinstall your games and log back into your account.
This is much more convenient than having to download everything again.
How To Recover A Deleted Nintendo Account On Nintendo Switch
- Visit https://accounts.nintendo.com/ and click the Log In button in the upper-right corner.
- Use your Nintendo Account username and password to log in to your account.
- Select Recover Account from the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Select the reason for account deletion and select Next.
- Enter the email address associated with your Nintendo Account, enter a recovery message and select Next.
- Verify that your recovery email address is correct, select Next and then select Finish when complete.
Users can also restore their accounts using a Nintendo Switch Online account if they have used Nintendo Switch Online in the last 24 hours or have linked their Nintendo Account to a Nintendo Switch Online account previously.
How To Delete A Nintendo Account On Nintendo Switch
A Nintendo account is the online identity of a player on the Nintendo Switch. It links all your Nintendo Switch, Wii U and 3DS accounts into one centralized hub.
The account creation process is simple: you just need to pick a unique username and password.
Of course, you can also opt to create a Nintendo Network ID instead. The latter is helpful if you have children who are under the age of 13 since it allows them to set up their own account without sharing yours.
The Nintendo Switch console will prompt you to create a user profile before you can start playing games.
The process is simply a matter of entering basic information such as your name, date of birth, and gender.
You can use this information to play games online and compete against other players on the network. As you progress in the game, your avatar’s appearance will change to match your statistics and level.
Once you’ve created a Nintendo account, you can access it from any Nintendo device that uses the same login credentials.
Once you’ve gotten rid of your Nintendo Switch console, you might be wondering how to delete your account from it. Thankfully, it’s an easy process that requires only a few steps.
First, make sure that your console is fully powered off. Next, press and hold down the home button until the power menu appears. Choose “Turn Off OS” and confirm your selection by choosing “Yes.
- Can You Unlink Nintendo Account From Switch?
- What Happens If I Delete My Nintendo Account?
- How Do I Transfer My Nintendo Network Id To Another Wii U?
- How Do You Delete A Fortnite Account On Nintendo Switch?
- How Do I Delete A Switch Account?
- How To Use Ps4 Controller On Wii U?
- How Do You Delete A Profile On The Xbox 1?
- How Do You Delete A Fortnite Account?
- What Happens If I Remove My Xbox One Account?
- How Do I Soft Reset My 2ds?